Our successful counselling service has been running now for over 5 years, in this time we have good working relationships with Children’s Services, Local GP’s and several organisations HR departments who referrer their staff for who may be suffering from any of the presenting issues listed below:
- Anger Management
- Self Esteem
- Drugs & Alcohol Abuse
- Relationship Issues.
Our clients range from 13 years of age upwards.
What Counselling is not:
- Counselling is not advice giving.
- Counselling is not telling someone what to do.
- Counselling is for the individuals problems not other peoples.
- Counselling is not mandatory.
These sessions are on a one to one basis with our fully qualified Counsellor and each client will attend a set amount of sessions which can be discussed with our counsellor during an assessment which will be completed on the first session. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a scientifically tested psychotherapy which focuses on beliefs that relate to the person, others and the world. These beliefs are tested to see if they are causing emotional upset and new beliefs are adapted if the client wishes. This is a scientifically tested psychotherapy which focuses on beliefs that relate to the person, others and the world. Cognitive Behaviour Principles:
- Cognitive Therapy is based on Beck’s Model of Cognitive Therapy for emotional disorders.
- Cognitive Therapy is brief and time limited.
- Cognitive Therapy is based on an educational model.
- Cognitive Therapy uses the Socratic method.
- Cognitive Therapy empathises the importance of the therapeutic relationship.
- Cognitive Therapy focuses on problem solving.
- Cognitive Therapy is goal orientated.
To download the referral form please visit our Downloads Page from our main menu.
Due to abuse of pricing from various services we now check your eligibility and status so please be honest and upfront with your status on your initial assessment.